Thursday, May 26, 2011

story of my life

"."  -soundtrack 2 my life. by kid cudi. song of the day. song of the week. song of my life, maybe.
Today has just been one of those days, no, it's just been one of those weeks. You know? When it all started I knew it was going to be a long week, but damn. some shit has happened lately. It's funny, i just keep thinking about the day i'm leaving this place. June 15th. It's coming so soon, it seems like everyday it gets a life time closer. It's still a little while away but the times just going to fly by. Its all pretty incredible really, how time speeds up the older you get. I feel like i'm in fast forward to being independent and leaving and doing all these things that I don't know how I can ever accomplish. 

It's a race out here, or a fucking massacre. I guess it depends on how you look at it. and that's another thing. what happens when an optimist develops learned helplessness. What happens when there's only way out? Sometimes I feel like i'm underwater. I'm drowning and I look up for a hand to pull me out, because I can't swim. And that's all I need. But anywas I look up and all there is, is bright, blinding, yellow light. the water is rippling a little and the sun's reflection on it's surface is the only thing there. when am I going to remember that I can swim? Why don't i kick and fight and struggle until i get myself out? Why do I let myself sink?

My mom used to tell me, remember who you are and what you stand for. I never even thought about it, i just shrugged it off as one of those sayings. but I think I've forgotten. I think most of us have. I don't think we really stand for anything anymore. at least not when we're alone anyways. i don't know what i'm saying anymore. i gotta go., 

No comments:

Post a Comment