Sunday, May 22, 2011

blogs, blogs, blogs.

I'd like to officially start off my blog with a story. it happened today and it's about peer pressure. my childhood friend Kirsten told me that I should make one after we were having a conversation about growing up and the next steps in life after high school. it reminded me of some thoughts I had written down about quotes from Henry David Thoreau, anyways, she talked me into making a blog very quickly, I cave easily. I thought I'd share some of the things he said and some of the things I had to say about it.
The first thing I quoted was about Thoreau's hermit living on the edge of the Walden Pond. He wrote, "if it were mean... or if it were sublime, to know by experience."
I wrote, the real adventure is unknown, but we  press deeper into the unknown for the sake of raw, real experiences. Was it mean? was it sublime? Or was it sometimes both? Or does it even matter, because on your journey to find something out you find out more about yourself than you thought possible.
the next quote by Thoreau says, "I left the woods for as good a reason as i went there. Perhaps it seems to me, that I had several more lives to live."
I wrote he also mentions his fear of dying before he had lived. I think it is best to embrace each day not with what is familiar but with what is; new, exhilirating, ever changing, and breathless. I don't ask to live each day the same, but to have many adventures, ever changing until the day I die.
In sharing these two quotes and my thoughts on them, I'd like to make the point that by going through these adventures, trials and real experiences life has to offer we find things out about ourselves, and we keep making this bigger, better image of ourselves, we keep building up on what we've learned and how we've grown. The baggage weighs us down but not enough to change the fact that we are weightless, limitless in the things that we can do for ourselves. let life hand you lemons, everybody gets a few but do everything you can to make them work for you and learn from it and move on. Keep living like you could die at any moment, because you could. Do the things you wish, hope and dream of. Do it all. Have no regrets, and if you do, it happens to the best of us and you're only human.

No comments:

Post a Comment